Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) offers a unique Executive Doctorate of Business Administration degree in the USA. The degree is delivered by GEM and most of the workshops take place at our partner campuses in Los Angeles and New York City.
The DBA program at Grenoble Ecole de Management is the oldest DBA in Europe. It offers senior managers, independent consultants, and academics the opportunity to leverage their careers and/or to make a transition into academia. The DBA is a program for those seeking to link corporate experience to rigorous and relevant research. It connects the business and research communities to enact change and foster progress through original and publishable research work.
As a triple-accredited business school (AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS), Grenoble Ecole de Management has designed a program that fits executives’ needs with the highest quality standards: we see the DBA program as a true research-based degree. From Day 1, participants start working on their research, and the program is designed to ensure that students carry out long-term research projects that are highly relevant to management practice and are based on up-to-date scientific knowledge.
The Grenoble DBA is delivered in various locations thanks to partnerships and joint degree programs with business schools around the world. The programs are presently offered in the following locations:
The Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) program is divided into two stages:
Who are we looking for?
Recruitment for this doctoral business program is on a worldwide basis. Our doctorate in business students come from a wide variety of countries and career backgrounds. Students may have experience in various areas of study such as sciences, humanities, technical and engineering fields.
Applicants have usually attained a high level of professional achievement and are either managers and executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines or professionally qualified instructors who work in business schools.
Take a look at our Faculty directory.
400 + graduates / 1400+ intellectual contributions/ 25+ doctoral experience/ GEM : DBA European pioneer
The DBA program enables students to:
- Understand state-of-the-art research in their fields of study;
- Acquire the necessary understanding and expertise in methods and techniques for research design, data collection, and data analysis;
- Conduct, write, and disseminate high -quality-doctoral-level research;
- Achieve a greater level of effectiveness as a professional practitioners in managing technology, innovation, and change; and
- Gain legitimacy as researchers and faculty members in both academic and non-academic environments
The DBA program at GEM offers senior managers, independent consultants, and senior academics the opportunity to leverage their careers and/or to make a transition into the highest levels of academia. The DBA is a degree for those seeking to link corporate experience to rigorous and relevant research. The DBA acts as a lever for rewarding careers. For students and graduates, there is the opportunity to launch or reinforce careers with an academic colouration. Our DBAs hold full-time and part-time faculty positions in accredited schools and share their experiences through pedagogy and research. Those working in commercial or public organizations benefit from new legitimacy as recognized experts in their fields.
Candidates should hold or expect to hold a Master's degree in management (MBA, MA, MSc or equivalent) or in a related discipline from an accredited institution.
Candidates should have at least five years of professional managerial experience either pre- or post-Master's degree.
All of the DBA workshops are conducted in English.
Required Application Documents
- 2 references sent directly by the referees by email or in a sealed and signed envelope (1 from a business referee, 1 from an academic referee)
- Certified copies of transcripts and diplomas officially translated to English or French
- A Statement of Purpose, in which the applicant states his or her motivations and how this is coherent with their long-term career development plan
- A preliminary Research Proposal, which gives indications of the applicant’s research interests and proposed area of research as well as any initial research plans
- Other optional documents (publications ...)
For questions and guidance in preparing the admissions process please contact the following person:
+33 4 56 80 66 80